Although the bulk of my record collection is house, hip hop and techno, over the years I have picked up a small collection of 2-step records which I love.
Recently the UKG sound has been sneaking back into a lot of productions so the other day I dug through the racks to pull out some old records that are either UKG or have been influenced by the UKG scene.
No thought was given to the mix, I just pulled ’em out and put ’em on which is the fun way to do things.
The mix is recorded as a lossless wav file so it’s as close to the vinyl sound as I can give you. Some of these records are very rare now, so grab a download and play it nice and loud and it should sound very good. Enjoy.
For nerds like me who need to know the name of any track they hear, here’s what I dug out:
1. the anthill mob – enchanted rhythms
2. ghost – the club
3. Groove Chronicles – black puppet
4. Horsepower productions – gorgon sound
5. Groove chronicles – holiday da vybe
6. wookie – scrappy
7. ice cream records – gold classics vol 2
8. dj zinc – 138 trek (I love this tune!)
9. the anthill mob – flava
10. groove chronicles – cape fear
11. zed bias – spare ribz (white label)
12. roxy vs el-b – breakbeat science
13. Groove chronicles – faith in you
14. Jill scott – gettin’ in the way (mj cole remix)
15. Genaside II – narra mine (armand van helden’s west coast mix)
16. Darqwan – said the spider